- The STi logo on the center console lights up at night
- There are dim red lights in each footwell. Reminds me of a German car.
- The clock also features an average MPG display, but there are no other trip computer functions unless you spring for the $4000 nav-plus-BBS wheels package.
- If you set your EZ Pass electronic toll thingie on the clock cutout in the dash, it works fine.
- The car is tall! I almost can't reach the center of the roof. I looked it up -- it's 1.6" taller than the older Impreza STI.
- The seats are not Recaros, but they're very comfortable. And the Alcantara is grippy.
- The gauges do a sweep thing (self test?) when you start the car, but you can disable that if you like, according to the owner's manual.
- It's got a six-disc changer, and it plays MP3 data CDs. That means...lessee...about 65 hours of music if you just stuff six full CDs in. Not bad.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Interesting Design Details
Here are some details about the car that I found interesting in my first 200 miles...